Hey, Deerfield people! It’s me again, Eric DeGrechie, your Deerfield Daily host.
Are you a local business owner or distributor in Deerfield? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 82 Low: 60.
Here are the best stories in Deerfield today:
- Ravinia feast: Ms. Lauryn Hill will join her fellow Fugees bandmates on a reunion tour this fall, which necessitated rescheduling her Ravinia concert until 2022. Hill hopes everyone understands the date move and gives her holders a Ravinia sp … tickets “(Facebook)
- Lake County, Illinois Government: “NEW POST: Lake County’s Federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program (FERA) has helped 1,300 households. Apply at LakeCountyil.gov/RentHelp As of April, 1,820 requests for Lake County tenants faced to financial difficulties linked to … “(Facebook)
- Lake County, Illinois Government: âDid you know that even though a product is labeled ‘disposable’ doesn’t mean it can be safely rinsed without clogging the pipes? Products like disinfectant wipes,â disposable âwipes and paper towels should not never go to the toilet because they d … “(Facebook)
- Ravinia feast: âThis past weekend, our Ravinia Festival associates hosted their annual Music Matters fundraiser, which honored our teacher partners and raised over $ 600,000 for our Reach Teach Play music education programs! This year‘s event had … â(Facebook)
- Congregation B’nai Tikvah: “Mazal Tov to Herb Linn and Gary Wool for their first place finish at Deerfield Harvest Fest 5K Run! Herb came first in the 70-79 age class and Gary came first in the age 60-69. I wish them a Mazel Tov! ” (Facebook)
- Deerfield Public Schools District 109: âA good story to end the week. Two weeks ago Shepard Middle School – District 109 and Caruso Middle School – District 109 were scheduled to play an 8th grade football game, but the Blue Jays were missing a few players. ‘cancel … “(Facebook)
- Deerfield Park District: âWe’re bringing back a finalist plaque to Deerfield! We didn’t win gold, but we are honored to have been in the bottom four alongside so many committed parks and recreation professionals and incredible nominees for the 2021 National Gold Meda … â( Facebook)
- Deerfield Park District: âWe have new playground equipment at Kenny Rudin Playground that’s ready to climb! Let’s go play ! ” (Facebook)
- Deerfield Regional Historical Society: âThe Deerfield Area Historical Society Historic Village will be open today from 2pm to 4pm for our last time this season. We hope to see you-â (Facebook)
- Deerfield Park District: âThanks to everyone who came to Mumpkin Fest yesterday! What a great kickoff for fun! ððâ (Facebook)
- Deerfield Regional Historical Society: âOne of our last visitors to the DAHS Historic Village today was Lydia, a former schoolteacher from Buffalo, NY. Here she poses in our school, looking stern on request.â (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Monday. See you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Eric DeGrechie
About me: Hello, thanks for viewing my profile. All kidding aside, I’m a field editor for Patch, covering Northbrook, Glenview, Deerfield, Arlington Heights, and Buffalo Grove. I was born and raised in upstate New York in Saratoga Springs. I moved to Chicagoland in 2014 and live there with my wife and son. I have worked in journalism and media for 20 years in a variety of roles including editor, editor, editor and sports reporter. You could say hyperlocal news is in my blood, so Patch is a perfect fit for me. I look forward to working with readers and local residents. If you have a tip, idea for a story, or just want to discuss local news, email me at [email protected]
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Deerfield Daily? You can email me at [email protected]